Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bob Morley <rm...@emforium.com> on 2009/08/05 01:30:42 UTC

Re: data/olap cubes

We are trying to fill our reporting needs by leveraging OLAP in Ofbiz.  Here
is our original approach:

- Expand upon the existing fact and dimension definitions
- Enhance the view-entity to support a "materialize" attribute -- this
attribute would cause a table to be created to represent the view-entity and
dynamically create EECAs on the underlying entities.
- Integrate Mondrian (OLAP4J?) - MDX along with performance and caching
- Integrate presentation tools - something similar to OpenI and/or
Jasper,JFreeChart,JPivot,etc

Not sure how well this would line-up with what the community would want to
do in general, but I suspect the first and perhaps second would be a good
fit.

We also talked about properly supporting hierarchical dimensions.

Thoughts?