Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Kuchansky, Valeri" <VK...@rbbn.com> on 2021/09/17 15:31:40 UTC

Internal Connect REST endpoints are insecure

Hi Community Members,

I am  following  available documents to have kafka-connect REST  API secured.
In particular this one<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-208%3A+Add+SSL+support+to+Kafka+Connect+REST+interface>.
I do not see that use any of listeners.https.ssl.* options make any difference.
I would appreciate any help in creating of a valid configuration.
My running Kafka version is 2.5.

Thanks,
Valeri

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.

Re: Internal Connect REST endpoints are insecure

Posted by Vignesh <da...@gmail.com>.
I worked on this space.. But I didn't take *https options within kafka
connect instead I deployed kafka connect in the kubernetes cluster so I
leveraged Ingress exposed https to allow clients access to my kafka connect
rest api.

Thanks,
Vignesh