Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by stephon <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/28 09:03:51 UTC

SolrCloud replica always fully resync index from leader node

I have an SolrCloud core with 4 shards, and replication factor is 1.
mentioned below: * coreA_shard1_replica1 * coreA_shard2_replica1 *
coreA_shard3_replica1 * coreA_shard4_replica1

After added the new replica of coreA_shard1, i.e.: coreA_shard1_replica2. it
will do fully resync from the leader node (coreA_shard1_replica1) every 2
days.

In the solrconfir.xml of coreA, autocommit has set to 30 secs

 <autoCommit>
   <maxTime>30000</maxTime>
   <openSearcher>true</openSearcher>
 </autoCommit>
and setting replicateAfter:commit

How do I prevent coreA_shard1_replica2 from always fully resyncing from
coreA_shard1_replica1 ?

Thanks a lot.

stephon

Re: SolrCloud replica always fully resync index from leader node

Posted by stephon <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Ludovic,

Before then, I have comment out AutoCommit, the old-style configuration. But
not works, the replica is fully resync every 2 days.

What is the correct way to make a replica to prevent this issue, or what
config I missed?

Thanks a lot

Re: SolrCloud replica always fully resync index from leader node

Posted by lboutros <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephon,

nothing obvious to me. But it is early in the morning for a saturday :D

Did you comment out the old-style replication configuration since your first
message ?

Do you always see the same behavior ?

Ludovic.

-----
Jouve
France.

Re: SolrCloud replica always fully resync index from leader node

Posted by stephon <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Erick,

My solrconfig.xml is in attachment.
solrconfig.xml
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4171487/solrconfig.xml>

It is running with a Debian server with 64GB RAM.

And the full replication evidence is coreA_shard1_replica2 is in recovering
state.
Since in this state, solr/coreA_shard1_replica2/ has a index.TIMESTAMP
directory which is full resyncing from the leader node, and runs out of my
rest disk space :/.

What is the correct way to make a replica in SolrCloud 4.5 ?

Thanks a lot.

Re: SolrCloud replica always fully resync index from leader node

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Stephon:

Not quite sure what's going on, but you're hinting
that you're mixing old-style replication with SolrCloud,
the two are orthogonal.

This, for instance, is irrelevant for SolrCloud:
and setting replicateAfter:commit

So let's see the relevant configuration from solrconfig.xml.

Also, what is your evidence that a full replication is happening?
Showing us what you see will offer some more clues.

Best,
Erick

Posted by lboutros <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephon,

do you see Zookeeper timeout errors in your log files ?

Could you please give us additional informations like :

How often is your index updated ? Which version of Solr do you use ? What is
the size of your index ?

Make sure you have this handler in your solr configuration file :

<requestHandler name="/get" class="solr.RealTimeGetHandler">
      <lst name="defaults">
          <str name="omitHeader">true</str>
      </lst>
  </requestHandler>