Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com> on 2004/11/10 19:28:39 UTC

Tomcat and -server option

Hi,

I have specified the -server option in my catalina.sh using JAVA_OPTS.

JAVA_OPTS="-server -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms1g -Xmx1g
-Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1"

When I log into the manager app in tomcat I can see that its taking the
correct memory settings , but I could not find a way to verify that it
is taking the -server flag into consideration. Is there a way to make
sure that my JVM is taking the -server flag into consideration?

Additional info:

Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/5.0.27
JVM Version: 1.4.2_05-141.3
JVM Vendor: "Apple Computer, Inc."
OS Name: Mac OS X
OS Version: 10.3.5
OS Architecture: ppc

Thanks.

Re: Tomcat and -server option

Posted by Ronald Klop <ro...@base.nl>.
System.getProperty(...);

java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

(I'm not running with -server option...)

Ronald.

Re: Tomcat and -server option

Posted by Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com>.
My observations have been similar as well. We discussed this on the
Java Apple list as well and it seems that different vendors implement
this differently.

On Nov 15, 2004, at 5:59 AM, Ronald Klop wrote:

> java.library.path=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_05/jre/lib/i386/client:...
>                                                        ^^^^^^
> java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
>                              ^^^^^^
>
> Ronald.
>
> On Wed Nov 10 19:28:39 CET 2004 Mufaddal Khumri <mu...@wmotion.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have specified the -server option in my catalina.sh using JAVA_OPTS.
>> JAVA_OPTS="-server -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xms1g -Xmx1g
>> -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1"
>> When I log into the manager app in tomcat I can see that its taking
>> the correct memory settings , but I could not find a way to verify
>> that it is taking the -server flag into consideration. Is there a way
>> to make sure that my JVM is taking the -server flag into
>> consideration?
>> Additional info:
>> Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/5.0.27
>> JVM Version: 1.4.2_05-141.3