Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/10 01:31:41 UTC

Builds: Always Show Output (default values)

Dear all,

The Always Show Output setting default values are not consistent among
Build Systems:

- Ant: false
- Maven: true
- Gradle: false

I can make them consistent, but the question is what should that be?

(FYI: This setting controls whether the output window should be shown on
all builds, or just in the case when your builds fails.)

Re: Builds: Always Show Output (default values)

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.
I would prefer to always show the output, it’s a way to see how the build
is progressing.
In the case of maven and gradle I always like to have a look at the
dependency download stage for example.
Alternatively a “always show when build fails” behavior is also acceptable.

Regards
Alex