Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonathan Mangin <jo...@comcast.net> on 2007/03/04 23:52:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Failing redirects

Hi,
I've installed 2.0.59 with mod_perl.
I have several CGI::Application scripts running under
ModPerl::Registry.  They were previously working
perfectly with 2.0.55/mod_perl.  Now, whenever the
scripts perform a redirect, I get:

OK
The document has moved here.

Googling doesn't really get me any definitive answers.
Possibly a browser problem, perhaps not.  I'm using
the same browser with no changes.  (I did delete the
cache.)  Can anyone tell me why this happens, instead
of just going where it's told?

Thanks,
Jon

Re: [users@httpd] Failing redirects

Posted by Jonathan Mangin <jo...@comcast.net>.

> > On Mar 4, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Jonathan Mangin wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I've installed 2.0.59 with mod_perl.
> > > I have several CGI::Application scripts running under
> > > ModPerl::Registry.  They were previously working
> > > perfectly with 2.0.55/mod_perl.  Now, whenever the
> > > scripts perform a redirect, I get:
> > >
> > > OK
> > > The document has moved here.
> > >
> > > Googling doesn't really get me any definitive answers.
> > > Possibly a browser problem, perhaps not.  I'm using
> > > the same browser with no changes.  (I did delete the
> > > cache.)  Can anyone tell me why this happens, instead
> > > of just going where it's told?
> >
> > No idea (but I'm not a mod_perl buff).  Could you perhaps find out
> > what the exact response is to the offending request?  Please check
> > this with a client that can display you the full headers, i.e. curl
-
> > i, Firefox with the liveHttpHeaders plugin or Explorer with IEWatch.
> >
> > I would hazard that the differences between httpd 2.0.55 and 2.0.59

> > are so small as to not have a significant impact on your CGIs.  Did

> > you also upgrade mod_perl?
> >
> > S.
> >
> > --
> > sctemme@apache.org            http://www.temme.net/sander/
> > Open Source Software Consultant
> > PGP FP: 51B4 8727 466A 0BC3 69F4  B7B8 B2BE BC40 1529 24AF
> >
> > ApacheCon 2007 Europe, May 1-4 in Amsterdam
> > http://www.eu.apachecon.com/
> >

> I did not upgrade mod_perl (2.0.2).  I configured apache with
> --enable-mods-shared=all so I'm loading more mods than I'm
> used to.  I have two identical apache instances, one listening
> on port 80, one on 443.  Modperl::Registry scripts act the same
> on both instances.  I'll look into curl.
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

I still had my 2.0.55 source tree lying around so I reinstalled
that.  Redirects work properly with 2.0.55.  I found that all
the modules were compiled-in and made the 2.0.59 loaded modules
match those under 2.0.55.  Redirects still don't work properly
with 2.0.59.  Googling is mostly a waste since I get a bunch of
pages with

OK
The document has moved here.

Does anyone have a clue about this?