Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shaik Afgal Bhasha <sh...@intelligroup.com> on 2005/11/22 16:34:07 UTC

Proxy Recording -- Firewall

Hi,

Could anyone let us know how to do Proxy recording (if one is using
proxy/behind firewall to access internet).

1.	If we modify the internet options we could not able to connect
to the site on which we need to perform load testing. It is displaying
'Page Cannot be displayed' message.

It would be great if anyone  can provide us step by step procedure to
record proxy recording.

Regards,

Afzal

Re: Proxy Recording -- Firewall

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 11/09/2008, anmatr <di...@treffeisen.net> wrote:

>  Hi,
>   I've got the same problem and read the recommended article.
>  Unfortunately the problem is not discussed or solved in there - it is just a
>  nice introduction into jMeter.
>
>  So far I haven't managed to record any pages.
>  My application is on localhost:6001/TopApp, where TopApp is a servlet in bea
>  weblogic.
>  The http proxy is normally on <proxyhost>:8080 but I set it to
>  localhost:8080 and configured the jMeter HTTP Proxy Server to the same
>  adress (localhost:8080) and started it. Then I started the browser again and
>  entered the adress for my application. But nothing happens.
>
>  I can record other pages where the browser is not using a proxy. But here in
>  the clients intranet they use a proxy.
>
>  Can anyone shed any light on this?

There are two different proxies involved here.

The client intranet proxy works as follows:

Browser => proxy => http servers

What you have done is

Browser => JMeter proxy => JMeter => can't get to servers

You need to tell JMeter to use the intranet proxy, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/get-started.html#proxy_server

Posted by anmatr <di...@treffeisen.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Shabana Shabana <sh...@gmail.com>.