Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tadeu Alves <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 06:16:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache memory problem

Hy guys,

latelly i've got a nasty problem, in my webserver, when i do good amount of
refresh (f5) my apache starts eating all the memory and if i doesn't stop
apache it just goes on consuming the server resource (ram, swap, cpu) i
don't know what can be...

The server configuration
2x Quad Core Intel® Xeon® E5450, 2x6MB Cache, 3.0GHz, 1333MHz FSB
8GB 800MHz Memory
2x SAS 73GB 15000RPM in RAID 1

I'm Running moodle 1.7.2+ with MYSQL 5.0.45 and our database size is about
9gb PHP 5.1.6

i'll attach the conf file in txr

Re: [users@httpd] Apache memory problem

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 26.03.09 02:16, Tadeu Alves wrote:
> latelly i've got a nasty problem, in my webserver, when i do good amount of
> refresh (f5) my apache starts eating all the memory and if i doesn't stop
> apache it just goes on consuming the server resource (ram, swap, cpu) i
> don't know what can be...

php apparently has no memory_limit set, and scripts aren't forced to exit
when you close connection (browser does that by refresh): ignore_user_abort
is apparently on.

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !