Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> on 2005/10/31 13:10:25 UTC

An Internet article on BSF ...

Hi there,

just FYI, a little Internet article on using BSF:

    http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=418864

Regards,

---rony

Re: An Internet article on BSF ...

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi Sanka,

>nice piece of work !!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback! I think it is important to
get articles going which give more visibility to BSF.

One more (still pending) thing: over the summer I was able to use BSF to
interact with OpenOffice (cf. <http://www.OpenOffice.org>, aka "OOo").

The brand new version (2.0) of OOo incorporates  a Java based scripting
framework, which they use to allow Rhino and BeanShell to be used as a
scripting language for OOo. Now, looking at that framework I was able to
incorporate ooRexx with the help of BSF. That implementation can be used
for any other BSF-based scripting language, so if there is interest on
this, please let me know. (The ooRexx support for OOo via BSF will get
officially announced in the next few weeks.)

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hey,

nice piece of work !!

--Sanka