Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gianoglio Gabriele <G....@eurogroup.it> on 2011/10/21 11:26:36 UTC

docBase="" and in server.xml

            Hy everibody,

            in my Tomcat 5.5 instance I'm trying to set a webapp as the root (docBase="") webapp so that when users connect to http://server:port/ will not respond "manager" webapp. I've done this by adding the tag <Context path="" docBase="myWebApp" /> in server.xml, but I can't access this webapp because <ResourceLink /> defined in context.xml can't access <Environment /> defined in server.xml.

            I can I solve this problem?

            Thanks.

            Gabriele.

RE: docBase="" and in server.xml

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Gianoglio Gabriele [mailto:G.Gianoglio@eurogroup.it]
> Subject: docBase="" and <Environment/> in server.xml

> in my Tomcat 5.5 instance I'm trying to set a webapp as the
> root (docBase="") webapp

Right there you have a fatal error; docBase must *never* be an empty string.

Please read the FAQ entry for making a webapp the default one:

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_make_my_web_application_be_the_Tomcat_default_application.3F

The simple way is to not put the <Context> in server.xml (almost always a bad idea), and name your webapp ROOT (case sensitive).

 - Chuck