Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Constantijn Visinescu <ba...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/11 15:38:03 UTC

Searching for reservations/availability with Solr

Hello,

I have a problem i'm trying to solve where i want to check if objects are
reserved or not. (by reservation i mean like making a reservation at a
hotel, because you would like to stay there on certain dates).

I have the following in my schema.xml

<field name="name" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<dynamicField name="reserved_from_*" type="date" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>
<dynamicField name="reserved_to_*" type="date" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>

and the follwoing 2 documents in Solr

<doc>
<str name="name">Room1</str>
<date name="reserved_from_11">2000-08-01T00:00:00Z</date>
<date name="reserved_to_11">2000-08-31T23:59:59Z</date>
</doc>
<doc>
<str name="name">Room2</str>
<date name="reserved_from_24">2000-08-01T00:00:00Z</date>
<date name="reserved_to_24">2000-08-13T23:59:59Z</date>
<date name="reserved_from_36">2000-08-20T00:00:00Z</date>
<date name="reserved_to_36">2000-08-22T23:59:59Z</date>
</doc>

Now i want to run a query that gives me all documents(rooms) that are
avaiable from aug 15th to aug 18th (should return Room2), or from aug 10th
to aug 15th (should return none) or from sept 1st to sept 5th (should return
both).

Is it possible to run queries like this in solr? (either with my current
schema setup, or a different one that accomplishes the same idea).

I'm at a loss as to how to formulate a solr query to get the data i want.

Thanks in advance,
Constantijn Visinescu

Re: Searching for reservations/availability with Solr

Posted by Constantijn Visinescu <ba...@gmail.com>.
Ok, i'm going to go and implement this solution then. Thanks for the help :)

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Constantijn Visinescu <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Constantijn Visinescu <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Avlesh Singh <av...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Constantijn Visinescu <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Constantijn Visinescu
> <ba...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > <doc>
> > <str name="name">Room1</str>
> > <date name="reserved_from_11">2000-08-01T00:00:00Z</date>
> > <date name="reserved_to_11">2000-08-31T23:59:59Z</date>
> > </doc>
> > <doc>
> > <str name="name">Room2</str>
> > <date name="reserved_from_24">2000-08-01T00:00:00Z</date>
> > <date name="reserved_to_24">2000-08-13T23:59:59Z</date>
> > <date name="reserved_from_36">2000-08-20T00:00:00Z</date>
> > <date name="reserved_to_36">2000-08-22T23:59:59Z</date>
> > </doc>
> >
> > Now i want to run a query that gives me all documents(rooms) that are
> > avaiable from aug 15th to aug 18th (should return Room2), or from aug
> 10th
> > to aug 15th (should return none) or from sept 1st to sept 5th (should
> > return
> > both).
> >
> > Is it possible to run queries like this in solr? (either with my current
> > schema setup, or a different one that accomplishes the same idea).
> >

> I'm not sure how you are creating the dynamic field's name. But if you know
> the field name, the query can be like this:
>
> q=*:*&fq=-reserved_from:[2008-08-15T00:00:00Z TO 2008-08-18T00:00:00Z]
>
> Note the minus at the start of the fq. The above query says give me all
> documents (q=*:*) excluding the ones in which reserved_from is between 15th
> to 18th August.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

It wolud be ideal if i can get this working, but the above query includes
room 1, which is reserved for all of august, in the search results when i
want all the rooms that are avaliable from aug 15th, to aug 18th.

The above query would be ideal if i can get it working, I'm just not sure
how :) i've done some experimenting but i can't seem to get the query quite
right

Re: Searching for reservations/availability with Solr

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.