Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Susan Hall <su...@prodigy.net> on 2004/03/10 17:44:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting basic auth with plugin

I need to set basic auth by ip address on a webserver whose requests are
forwarded to websphere via the websphere plugin module.  The Deny/Allow
from directives do not take effect for anything that the plugin grabs
and forwards.  I've had this same problem with mod_webapp.  The module
handling is done prior to the auth handling I guess.  Anything the
websphere module does not forward is denied access per the  Allow/Deny
setup, but all websphere requests are allowed through.

Can someone give me a pointer on how to config httpd.conf so that acl
restriction by ip can work?

Thanks, Susan

Re: [users@httpd] Setting basic auth with plugin

Posted by Susan Hall <su...@prodigy.net>.
Oh well - the Location directive has got it working, I was just trying
to use Directory.
Thanks very much,
Susan

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.