Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raghu R <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/25 12:04:03 UTC

Reg Interface for Hive

Hi,
         Is it possible to have a web interface for hive where jobs could be
automatically submitted in JSP pages, and output retrieved locally, with the
user not even aware the processing is done in mapreduce cluster.
        I saw the webUI for Hive, is it possible to control the jobs from a
remote system [ not  the master].

Thanks
Raghu R

Re: Reg Interface for Hive

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.
The client machine submitting the job does not need to be running on the
same server as the JobTracker (or any other Hadoop/Hive presence). In your
Hadoop/Hive configuration files, you just set fs.default.name,
mapred.job.tracker, and hive.metastore.uris, and you can connect to
MapReduce clusters and Hive metastores anywhere.

- Aaron