Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart <ec...@linglit.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2007/11/06 12:43:50 UTC

Using PEARs in cpeGUI - a problem?

Hi there,

following the helpful reply by Thilo Götz on my last enquiry on PEARs
and automatically having UIMA manage their classpath, I now wonder if
the same can work with CPEs build in cpeGUI.

I tried adding a PEAR as a processing component in the UIMA 2.2
cpeGUI but adding the descriptor will not cause any configuration
options to appear. But if I programatically create a processing
component descriptor from a PEAR descriptor and add it to a CPE it
works fine.

Is this a limitation of the cpeGUI or am I using it wrong?

I want to build a CPE descriptor in the cpeGUI using PEARs and then
load and run the thing in with an embedded UIMA in my own tool.

Regards,

Richard Eckart

Technische Universität Darmstadt
Institute of Linguistics and Literary Studies
Department of English Linguistics

Hochschulstrasse 1
64289 Darmstadt
Germany

Re: Using PEARs in cpeGUI - a problem?

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
One additional comment, the PEAR descriptor is in the top level
directory of the installed PEAR and is called <componentID>_pear.xml
This descriptor must be used to run the PEAR.

-- Michael

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
I did some tests with that mentioned PEAR and it works fine for me. I
did my tests on windows.
Can you test with another PEAR file?

-- Michael

Posted by Richard Eckart <ec...@linglit.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Richard Eckart <ec...@linglit.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Hi -

The cpeGUI has not been updated to support using PEARs in its pipeline -
so I think your difficulties are a result of this limitation.

-Marshall