Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sandeepraj singh <sa...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/07/31 09:43:18 UTC

Have a Master Checkbox For T5 Grid Component

Hi Guys,
I wanted to have a master CheckBox while using the Grid Component. That
CheckBox would be present at the Header Row of Grid Components, and allow to
check the CheckBoxes below to be checked or unchecked.
Is there any way else to do it except for Copying the entire Grid Component
Source Code to MYOWNGRID and then making changes to GridColoumn Component
inside Grid Source Code that would be copied.

Any Pointers would be of great help

Thanks
Sandy

Re: Have a Master Checkbox For T5 Grid Component

Posted by "Robin K." <ro...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Sandeep,

You may try to use the <p:myAttributeHeader> tag to customize the display of
your grid header cell.

Here is a small quote for the official documentation:
"The header for a column may be overridden in the same way, using a
parameter name of propertyheader . The parameter block will provide the
content inside the <th> element. The provided block is responsible for
providing any links or icons related to sorting."
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/Grid.html

Regards,

Robin K.
-- Atos Worldline

Posted by Mario Udina <m....@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I just found out the same issue, however it happens in ie7, in firefox it
works well.
I am not good in javascript but i might have a look into that because I
really need this functionality.

regards,
mario

Posted by sandeepraj singh <sa...@atosorigin.com>.
hi All,
I agree to Mario, ioko library works fine.
What i had missed was
to inject master checkbox in my java file

 @InjectComponent
 @Property
private Checkbox mastercheckbox2;

Thanks
Sandeep

Posted by sandeepraj singh <sa...@atosorigin.com>.
Hi Mario,

Posted by Mario Udina <m....@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by sandeepraj singh <sa...@atosorigin.com>.

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.
http://tapestry.formos.com/nightly/ioko-tapestry-commons/tapestry-mixins/

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.
In case you have not tried the following.

I have a ControlCB component and a mixin ControlledCheckbox which turns a standard Checkbox component to be a controlled checkbox.