Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sarah Harrison <sh...@esriau.com.au> on 2003/03/11 07:27:45 UTC

Error 500 - Internal servlet error - unable to compile class for jsp

Hi All,

I am hoping someone might be able to explain the problem I have come across. I am new to Tomcat and have just installed
Tomcat4112 on a Windows2000 machine with IIS5 and j2sdk1.4.0. I am trying to run a webapp but keep getting the above
error.

I am running Tomcat as an NT service so decide to stop this and start it up from the bat file. When running like this I
was able to view the jsp pages without a problem, there was no longer any errors. I then shutdown Tomcat and restart the
NT service and then had the ability to see the pages without the error. However any page that had not been accessed
while I was running Tomcat from the startup.bat still came up with the compile error.

Why do I need to view each page while running Tomcat from the startup script before they can be viewed without the "
unable to compile class for jsp" error with the NT service?

Any pointers would be me much appreciated.

Regards

Sarah