Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/31 01:35:37 UTC

broken plexus-maven-plugin starting at 1.3.6

Starting at version 1.3.6, plexus:descriptor has the following changes:

   1. default outputDirectory  is ${project.build.outputDirectory}
insteadd of ${project.build.directory}/generated-resources/plexus
   2. default phase is "process classes" instead of
generate-resources.  Note merge-descriptor default phase is still at
process-resoruces

Are the intentional?

The latest maven-parent pom is at version 10, and it includes
plexus-maven-plugin 1.3.8

And therefore Wagon build is broken.

I am going to revert wagon to use maven-parent-9 if there is no objection.

-Dan

Re: broken plexus-maven-plugin starting at 1.3.6

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Dan Tran wrote:

> where is the site of the new plugin you are talking about?

Just in case:
https://svn.codehaus.org/plexus/plexus-containers/trunk/plexus-component-metadata

Benjamin

Re: broken plexus-maven-plugin starting at 1.3.6

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
for now, I am going to set the plugin version to the old one 1.3.5 to
get the build going

where is the site of the new plugin you are talking about?

-D

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Due to the chaneg in the plexus plugin I fixed the build in the release
manager like that :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/release/trunk/maven-release-manager/pom.xml?r1=720229&r2=720531&diff_format=h

Arnaud

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Benjamin Bentmann <
benjamin.bentmann@udo.edu> wrote:

> Dan Tran wrote:
>
>  Starting at version 1.3.6, plexus:descriptor has the following changes:
>>
>>   1. default outputDirectory  is ${project.build.outputDirectory}
>> insteadd of ${project.build.directory}/generated-resources/plexus
>>   2. default phase is "process classes" instead of
>> generate-resources.  Note merge-descriptor default phase is still at
>> process-resoruces
>>

>> Are the intentional?
>>

> The intention was to glean annotations from the compiled classes, hence the
> move to a phase after "compile". As the resources are copied to the output
> directory before "compile", this change in phase binding also required to
> change the output location to output directly into the build directory.
>
>  And therefore Wagon build is broken.
>>

> Apart from switching back the plugin version, you can also just explicitly
> specify the phase you want the plugin executions to happen, e.g.
> "generate-resources". We have version 1.3.8 successfully in use for the
> Maven plugins and at least the Changes and Assembly Plugin employ the
> merging function.
>
>  I am going to revert wagon to use maven-parent-9 if there is no objection.
>>

> Keep in mind that a parent update usually provides other plugin updates or
> site updates as well.
>

> Benjamin

Arnaud HERITIER
12 guidelines to boost your productivity with a Java software factory -
http://tinyurl.com/56s9tw
OCTO Technology - aheritier AT octo DOT com
www.octo.com | blog.octo.com
ASF - aheritier AT apache DOT org
www.apache.org | maven.apache.org

Re: broken plexus-maven-plugin starting at 1.3.6

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.