Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/13 16:09:51 UTC

make cross does not execute test.sh

Hello all,
I cloned thrift from github and ran 'make install' and 'make cross'. When I
run 'make cross' it gives following result[1] and does not run test.sh.
What is the reason for that? When I run test.sh manually, it successfully
execute java-java tests. But cpp it couldn't fount cpp server and client
objects.

1. https://gist.github.com/cdwijayarathna/651191b20c28e8a08a06

Thank You!
--
*Chamila Dilshan Wijayarathna,*
SMIEEE, SMIESL,

Re: [DOCS] dependencies (was Re: make cross does not execute test.sh)

Posted by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,
I have created
THRIFT-2533 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-2533>Boost
version in requirements should be updated and

   1. THRIFT-2532 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-2532>Java
   version in installation requirements should be updated,
      and I have attached patch for
THRIFT-2532<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-2532>.
      Should I attach that patch for
THRIFT-2512<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-2512> as
      well?
   +1 for moving docs for source tree.
   Thank You!

>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=thrift.git;a=commitdiff;h=

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.

Posted by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,
By updating boost to 1.53.0, I was able to create TestServer.o and
TestClient.o.
But still when I'm trying to run " cpp/TestClient --protocol=binary
--transport=buffered" from test directory, it says "cpp/TestClient: No such
file or directory", Any idea about this?

Thank You!

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:57 AM, Chamila Wijayarathna <

Posted by Randy Abernethy <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hey Chamila,

We do need to update the Ubuntu docs. In the meantime try:

wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/boost/files/boost/1.55.0/boost_1_55_0.tar.gztar
-xzvf boost_1_55_0.tar.gzcd boost_1_55_0./bootstrap.shsudo ./b2
install

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Chamila Wijayarathna <

Posted by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roger,

Posted by Roger Meier <ro...@bufferoverflow.ch>.

Posted by Chamila Wijayarathna <cd...@gmail.com>.