Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Tobias Adamson <to...@stargazer.com.sg> on 2016/04/08 06:57:28 UTC

No replica allocated to new Topic

Hi
We have an issue where a Topic is created (auto create) but no partition replicas are allocated.
This issue has been replicated on 0.9.0.1 and 0.8.2.2

The environment have multiple concurrent consumers and producers accessing the Kafka cluster and when we create topics they randomly but frequently don’t get assigned replicas.
The log messages shows the following

[2016-04-08 03:49:12,039] INFO [TopicChangeListener on Controller 3]: New topics: [Set(AUDIT_EXPORT)], deleted topics: [Set()], new partition replica assignment [Map()] (kafka.controller.PartitionStateMachine$TopicChangeListener)

More discussion can be found at the issue below even if the main topic of the issue incorrectly suggests that it is only describing the topic which is the issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-3400 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-3400>

Anyone seen anything similar or have suggested fix?

Regards
Toby