Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kenny Smith <ht...@journalscape.com> on 2003/10/18 08:28:05 UTC

[users@httpd] RPM with worker MPM?

Hi all,

I've been web searching quite a bit and I haven't been able to find an
RPM distribution for RedHat that contains a binary httpd with the
worker MPM. Or is it possible that there is just an RPM with the
mod_worker and I can just use mod_so to load it or does the MPM need to
be statically compiled...

I'm a newbie when it comes to apache 2.0 and rpms in general, but I've
done quite a bit of Google searching and haven't been able to find the
answers to my questions.

Any help or pointers to docs is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kenny

Re: [users@httpd] RPM with worker MPM?

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 11:28:05PM -0700, Kenny Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been web searching quite a bit and I haven't been able to find an
> RPM distribution for RedHat that contains a binary httpd with the
> worker MPM. Or is it possible that there is just an RPM with the
> mod_worker and I can just use mod_so to load it or does the MPM need to
> be statically compiled...

If you use Red Hat Linux 9, the httpd RPM shipped on the CD includes an
alternative httpd binary using worker; just add:

HTTPD=/usr/sbin/httpd.worker

to /etc/sysconfig/httpd to use this by default. (otherwise prefork is
used)

Regards,

joe