Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Sean Beck <se...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/04 17:06:16 UTC

What kind of connection does ActiveMQ-CPP use?

I am having problems using SELinux and ActiveMQ + Apache together.
Currently I have SELinux disabled and everything works, but I need it
running eventually. I assume I just need to allow the applications to
connect over certain ports, but I'm not positive on that.

Do ActiveMQ-CPP and Stomp connect via http or do they use something else? I
need to do know so I can give the correct permissions under SELinux.

Thanks

Re: What kind of connection does ActiveMQ-CPP use?

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 06/04/2013 11:06 AM, Sean Beck wrote:
> I am having problems using SELinux and ActiveMQ + Apache together.
> Currently I have SELinux disabled and everything works, but I need it
> running eventually. I assume I just need to allow the applications to
> connect over certain ports, but I'm not positive on that.
>
> Do ActiveMQ-CPP and Stomp connect via http or do they use something else? I
> need to do know so I can give the correct permissions under SELinux.
>
> Thanks

The client uses TCP to connect to the broker on whatever port you've
specified in your connection URI.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.

www.camelone.org : The open source integration conference:

Re: What kind of connection does ActiveMQ-CPP use?

Posted by Sean Beck <se...@gmail.com>.
Awesome. Thank you! I added 61616 and 61613 to ports allowed over http and
all is well.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.