Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Dawid Dudzinski <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/29 03:47:47 UTC

IE6 Stops Loading Images

Hello,

I have an issue that may not be related to Wicket but I'm trying every
possible angle to solve my issue quickly and any suggestion would be
greatly appreciated.

I have an application that for the most part loads only one screen and
then swaps out data via Wicket calls. It runs about 10-12 hours a day
non-stop and from time to time my users run into a situation where
images just stop loading in IE6. The only fix at that point is to
clear browser cache and things come back to normal. It may be worth to
mention that part of the functionality is an image browser.

Image implementation extends the NonCachingImage class but 99% of the
time user will works with unique images.

Like I wrote above, the application just stops loading images and
users have to clear the browser cache to get the app running again.

I can't test it with newer browsers - not even newer IE and it only
happens after an extended usage.

Has anyone run into the same or similar issue? If anyone had to
venture a guess it it could be related to Wicket in any way?

Thanks in advance,
Dawid

Re: IE6 Stops Loading Images

Posted by Dawid Dudzinski <da...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

I think we found a culprit. There are some http 504 errors appearing
eventually in the transparent proxy that we set up. I think at this
point it is a networking issue.

Many thanks for responding.

Sincerely,
Dawid