Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by avengine <ou...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/27 21:51:50 UTC

cannot connect to server pc within a network

I have installed tomcat7 in 1 pc as a server and do all the test using
localhost:8080, no problem
then I use cmd in window xp to find the ip of the server using ipconfig /all
and find it is 192.168.1.111
then on second pc on the same network
http://192.168.1.111:8080/acts/member/login.jsp
error come up could not connect to 192.168.1.111:8080
what might be wrong?
I did turn off firewall, what else should I check?

Re: cannot connect to server pc within a network

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
To whom it may concern,

On 9/27/2011 3:51 PM, avengine wrote:

> I have installed tomcat7 in 1 pc as a server and do all the test using
> localhost:8080, no problem
> then I use cmd in window xp to find the ip of the server using ipconfig /all
> and find it is 192.168.1.111
> then on second pc on the same network
> http://192.168.1.111:8080/acts/member/login.jsp
> error come up could not connect to 192.168.1.111:8080
> what might be wrong?
> I did turn off firewall, what else should I check?

Which firewall did you turn off?

-chris