Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dewi Roberts <d....@fetch-me.com> on 2004/12/17 18:22:44 UTC

Flowscript gets executed twice

Hi,

I don't know if anybody has any suggestions, basically I'm having trouble
with flow script being run twice for every request and I'm not sure why.
I'm using cocoon 2.1.5 running in jetty on windows.

I've got
    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="*.do">
        <map:call function="main">
          <map:parameter name="page" value="{1}"/>
        </map:call>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

in my sitemap, which calls

function main(funName) {
    logMethodCall(funName);
    var fun = this[funName];
    if(fun == null){
        index("Page Not Found: "+funName);
        return;
    }

    var args = new Array(arguments.length -1);
    for (var i = 1; i < arguments.length; i++) {
        args[i-1] = arguments[i];
    }
    getTimesheetManager();

    fun.apply(args);
}

But when I try and load a page e.g. index.do causes the following to be
logged by logMethodCall(funName);

INFO [PoolThread-3] (?:?) - (user not logged in): index
INFO [PoolThread-3] (?:?) - (user not logged in): index

But I don't know why it appears twice.  Have I done something obviously
wrong?  It's not a problem most of the time since there is only one HTTP
response which can be written to, but sometimes it causes problems to my
backend code when it is all executed a second time unnecessarily.

Any suggestions of where to start looking would be appreciated since I'm a
cocoon newbie.

thanks,

Dewi

Re: Flowscript gets executed twice

Posted by oceatoon <t....@systheo.com>.
Dewi Roberts wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if anybody has any suggestions, basically I'm having trouble
> with flow script being run twice for every request and I'm not sure why.
Hi Dewi
I have noticed a very similar behavior when setting a setbookmark function
in the flowscript , it runs through from the bookmark properly at first and
runs through the whole function a second time as if it was refreshed, very
bizar ?? I have no idea where this could come from ?
Regards
Tibor