Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Novice <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 19:50:24 UTC

Components architecture

Hi all,
Well I am a novice and pardon me if I sound dumb.
As per my understanding Tapestry is Component oriented architecture.
But what exactly does component mean? is it just collection of basic
elements in a form on a single page?
Because I developed few components which are basically some sections of a
big form.
Now I am finding it very difficult to include components(collection of basic
elements) in a page under 1 form.
In summary, my page = FORM(Cmp1 + Cmp2) where Cmp1=Text1 + text2 etc
Management of same and validations etc are making it difficult.

Any suggestion or pointers will be highly appreciated.
Regards

Re: Components architecture

Posted by françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sandeep,

Have a look at http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/
It 's a good entry point to see tapestry in action.

if you need multi part in your form perhaps you will need formfragments.
for that see
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/wizard/usingformfragments/START/wiz2

or http://tapestry-test.appspot.com/formfragmentdemo

Regards