Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/01 08:55:47 UTC

Strange problem with tapestry.js

Hi

I was stuck with a strange problem in ie7 and ie8 compatibility mode. I was
getting "object doesn't support this property or method". On debugging I
found that the Element.addMethods was not extending form and input
elements(input,textarea,select). On changing it from

addMethods('FORM', {...}) to addMethods({...}), it just started working
fine.

I googled but could not find anything useful. Now things are working fine
but I am not sure how much efficient it is.

Has anybody run into anything similar

regards
Taha

Re: Session Time-out

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good case for a conversational page. Tynamo's
tapestry-conversations
(http://tynamo.org/tapestry-conversations+guide) allows you to set the
max length of a conversation independent of the session timeout and a
ajax keep-alive with a drop-in component.

Kalle

Re: Session Time-out

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Session Time-out

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
This is fully documented at
http://tapestry.apache.org/overriding-exception-reporting.html

I would use version 2 or 3 from that page

<http://tapestry.apache.org/overriding-exception-reporting.html>regards
Taha

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:19 PM, <mw...@kcp.com> wrote:

> I have a problem with Tapestry 5 when the session times out.
>
> There is a security policy on my system that requires a session time-out
> after 30 minutes of non-use.
>
> I have a data entry page that can take a long time to complete with many
> submits.  If the session times out and a user then enters more data and
> tries to submit they get this error.
>
> An unexpected application exception has occurred.
>      org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException
>      Forms require that the request method be POST and that the t:formdata
>      query parameter have values.
>

> Now I understand this error but my users will not.  Is there a way to catch
> this exception so I can give them a more informative message.
>

> Michael Williamson
> Analyst Sr Applications Developer
> Phone: 816/997-5994

Session Time-out

Posted by mw...@kcp.com.

Re: Strange problem with tapestry.js

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Finally I found the culprit. It is Tapestry.purge(). I commented all of it
except the Element.stopObserver() and my problem is solved.

regards
Taha

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kalle

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francois

2011/6/5 François Facon <fr...@atosorigin.com>

> Hi Taha,
>
> IE6 does not properly manage the keep-alive on https. On the client
> side, the accumulation socket connections can cause delays and errors
> on ajax calls. This problem can be highlighted on the client computer
> using a netstat or using TCPView. (Growing number of socket Used ie
> one time-wait state).
> forcing the downgrade in no keepalive for ie6 customers can sometimes
> resolve the problem see
> http://www.alexmeyer.com/linux/apachekeepalive.html

It is an internal website and we are not using https. Still thanks for the
link as my new project will need https.

> for IE7 and IE8 did you try to force the mode with the X-UA-Compatible meta
> tag?
>
> I will try this.

The recent tapestry.js after TAP5-1538 and TAP5-1539 seem to have boosted
the performance on ie6. But the changes that I had to make regarding
addMethods are still required for ie6/ie7

> Your blog is great. I'am a fan.

Thanks, I am flattered !!

Regards

Posted by François Facon <fr...@atosorigin.com>.