Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chuck amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2002/05/01 17:16:02 UTC

java.lang.StackOverflowError - indexed property values Problem

Hi there, im having problems with validating my checkboxes due to them
being indexed property values . Thus with the Memento pattern design i
have manged to get 90% of my project funtioning accordingly ie
(input-text & radio buttons). Nevertheless i have a success.jsp page
that forwards to my processDatabase.jsp which utilisies the DBTags
Taglibrary to insert into my database . This works except that the
actually value is a Converted String that comprises one or more of the
checkboxes property values.

Thus i need to get the selected character value not the conversion. The
bulk of my Volunteer Survey jsp pages are checkboxes so if i can get
this sorted volia

Plz any suggestions i have modified my scriptlet as below and declared
the allOps.class & Opportunity.class method and variables in my Bean.

%
    String []opportunity = formHandler.getOpportunity();
    if (!opportunity[0].equals("1")) {
        out.println("<ul>");
        for (int i =0; i<opportunity.length;i++)
        out.println("<li>"+opportunity[i]);
            out.println("</ul>");

           String allOps ="";
                //for loop (initialization; logical test;update)
                for(int i=0; i<opportunity.length;i++){
                //allOps = allOps + the String is shorthand
                    allOps+=opportunity[i];
                       }
                       formHandler.setAllOps(allOps);

} else out.println("Nothing was selected");

%>

Here's my error stack

  Error: 500

    Location: /volapp/registerOpportunityProcessDB.jsp

*Internal Servlet Error:*

java.lang.StackOverflowError
	at java.lang.Class.getComponentType(Native Method)