Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com> on 2014/02/17 09:33:22 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1568331 - in /openoffice/trunk/main: default_images/introabout/intro.png ooo_custom_images/dev/introabout/intro.png ooo_custom_images/dev_nologo/introabout/intro.png ooo_custom_images/nologo/introabout/intro.png

Hi,

good catch.

One minor remark:
openoffice/trunk/main/default_images/introabout/intro.png and
openoffice/trunk/main/ooo_custom_images/dev/introabout/intro.png
does not carry the ASF logo anymore.
I think these should carry the ASF logo while the other two do not.

Best regards, Oliver.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 2/18/14 9:27 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 17.02.2014 12:42, Andre Fischer wrote:
>> On 17.02.2014 12:05, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Please have a second look ;-)
>>> The two above mentioned images does _NOT_ have a "nologo" part in
>>> their path/name.
>>> These two images carried the ASF logo before Jürgen's accidental
>>> change on 2014-02-12.
>>
>> I know.  I interpreted that as another oversight.  Why would we want the
>> ASF logo in one variant of intro.png but not the other?
>>
>> Is there anybody who actually *knows*
>> a) whether the non default_images/ variants are still used (otherwise we
>> don't have to bother anyway)
>> b) whether the ASF logo should be in some intro.png variants
>>

> As far as I know the images with the ASF logo are used for the builds
> which we as the ASF AOO community provide for convenience to our users.
> The images without the ASF logo are official ones also usable for others
> in derived works etc.

I don't think so, I believe it is more a left over from former days and
we don't need the differentiation anymore. I changed by mistake the
wrong intro image with the 3D orb  but the intention was to remove the
Apache feather. It was a changed logo where I put the string Apache
Project and the OpenOffice Url in context with the feather which was not
correct. We have discussed it and the result was to simply remove it.

Juergen

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andre Fischer <aw...@gmail.com>.

> good catch.
>
> One minor remark:
> openoffice/trunk/main/default_images/introabout/intro.png and
> openoffice/trunk/main/ooo_custom_images/dev/introabout/intro.png
> does not carry the ASF logo anymore.
> I think these should carry the ASF logo while the other two do not.

Because of the nologo part in their name?  These images exist for a long