Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/05 05:21:27 UTC

Re: Updating the official homepage

Hi all,

*1. Updating documentation page*

PR was submitted a week ago. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
(design, content structure, bug(?),... )

- https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2371

* 2. Updating the official homepage*

PR was submitted 5 days ago. The review is ongoing. Please suggest any
changes if you have

- https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/2381

Thanks.

Posted by Hyung Sung Shim <hs...@nflabs.com>.
Hoon and Sora.
Thank you for your efforts!
It's really great improvements~
2017년 6월 30일 (금) 오후 3:37, Sora Lee <so...@zepl.com>님이 작성:

Posted by Reminia Scarlet <re...@gmail.com>.
I think the font style of title quick start/usage and so on is better look in version 0.7.1.
The title font could  be a little thick.

Re: Re: Updating the official homepage

Posted by Windy Qin <wi...@163.com>.
I think this page (http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/ ) is more comfortable

Thanks
WindyQin

I created a JIRA ticket for updating official homepage
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2583?jql=project%20%3D%20ZEPPELIN)

Also, I attached a rough design in this email and There are few details and backgrounds for the change.

1. Main Page (zeppelin.apache.com): Header

## Before

## After

## Details

- Add `Quick Start` menu: which can be helpful for beginner
- Remove `Github` menu: everyone can search GitHub.com/zeppelin in google.
- `Community` menu was moved to before `Apache` menu. That’s because It’s not the most important menu.

2. Main Page (zeppelin.apache.com): Section 1

## Before

## After

## Details

The used texts are just coped from somewhere, and design can be improved. So please focus on the structure of the page, not the text.

- Remove the large `Apache Zeppelin` text. There is no reason to keep it. Everyone knows this is Zeppelin web site.
- Replace the outdated `TUTORIAL VIDEO` button to `GET STARTED` button to help new comers.

3. Main Page (zeppelin.apache.com): Section 2

4. Documentation Page (http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/version/): Header

5. Documentation Page (http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/version/): Content

6. Documentation Page (http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/version/): Header Details

Posted by Sora Lee <so...@zepl.com>.
​Hi, all!

Posted by Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com>.
Hi users,

Posted by Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Kim <i2...@gmail.com>.
macOS Sierra, MacBook Pro 15-inch, and Chrome browser.

It looks different with me :)
Thanks for your agree!

[image: image.png]

2017년 6월 29일 (목) 오후 7:32, Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com>님이 작성:

> Thanks for reporting them.
>
> -Regarding invalid image URLs, I found the cause and will fix ASAP. (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2707)
>
> @Jun Kim,
>
> Which browser and OS you are using?
>
> And it seems that we need V scrolls for them. (Setup, Usage) like the
> interpreter menu.
>
> Regard,
>
> [image: image.png]
>

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 4:41 PM, Jun Kim <i2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I love it! Obviously better than before :)
>>
>> But Usage & Setup drop-downs are too long and the ends of them are cut!
>> So, I think they need scroll bars like Interpreter drop-down.
>> The image below shows that the drop-down is cut.
>>
>> [image: image.png]
>>

>> 2017년 6월 29일 (목) 오후 4:25, Prabhjyot Singh <pr...@gmail.com>님이
>> 작성:
>>
>>> Not sure if this is related but images are missing in all interpreters.
>>> e.g
>>> http://zeppelin.apache.org/docs/0.8.0-SNAPSHOT/interpreter/r.html#using-the-r-interpreter

Taejun Kim

Data Mining Lab.
University of Seoul

Re: Updating the official homepage

Posted by Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reporting them.

-Regarding invalid image URLs, I found the cause and will fix ASAP. (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-2707)

@Jun Kim,

Which browser and OS you are using?

And it seems that we need V scrolls for them. (Setup, Usage) like the
interpreter menu.

Regard,

[image: Inline image 1]

Posted by Jun Kim <i2...@gmail.com>.