Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Yuriy Babak <y....@gmail.com> on 2019/01/10 14:59:00 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Drop Scala 2.10 for Apache Ignite 2.8

Hi Igniters,

What do you think about the drop Scala 2.10 support?

Currently, we support two versions of Scala - 2.10 and 2.11, I suggest to
drop 2.10 and use only 2.11. Originally we have the old version of Scala
for supporting old versions of Apache Spark.

But support for Scala 2.10 was removed as of 2.3.0 Apache Spark released.
And current version if 2.4.0.

Please share your opinion

Best regards,
Yuriy Babak

Re: [DISCUSSION] Drop Scala 2.10 for Apache Ignite 2.8

Posted by Yuriy Babak <y....@gmail.com>.
In that case my vote for 3.0 release

Best regards,
Yuriy Babak

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexey Zinoviev <za...@gmail.com>.
Also, for future releases Ignite-Spark connection we could start with
testing of scala 2.12 profile because Spark 2.4 could be run on Scala 2.12
See the link https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-14220

I also support drop 2.10 profile but later, in 3.0 release to wait more
widely adoption of Scala 2.12 (I know a few projects who waited new version
Spark to upgrade codebase from Scala 2.10 to 2.12)

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@apache.org>.
Denis,

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org>.