Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by distantcouk <da...@distant.co.uk> on 2002/05/15 11:54:23 UTC

ASP / Filter / Includes query

Hello all - I'm Dave & I just joined the group as

a) I am new to Apache
b) I have a vexing problem

I have to run a local copy of an asp site, and I have installed
Apache as the standard setup suggests you do. I have looked at the
asp examples in the site/eg directory, and they appear to work, but
the site I have to look at includes lines such as the following:

<!--#include virtual="Include/_Common.asp" -->

<!--#include virtual="content/blue_navbar.html"-->

<!--#include virtual="content/jumpto.asp"-->

<!--#include virtual="content/bottomnav.html"-->

None of which work

The site can be seen as it should be at

http://www.thepensionsiervice.gov.uk

the 'local' version which I cannot get to work is at

http://distant.d2g.com/site/tps/home.asp

I am a TOTAL apache novice, and though I have just bought the Apache
Server 2 bible it doesn't seem to offer much help for this. I gather
that SSI and turning on the APAHCE::FILTER module might be involved,
but I am totally clueless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

--
dave@distant.co.uk

Re: ASP / Filter / Includes query

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
distantcouk wrote:

> Hello all - I'm Dave & I just joined the group as
>
> a) I am new to Apache
> b) I have a vexing problem

Make sure your site is written in PerlScript, or it won't run
under Apache::ASP.  For other Apache options to run ASP VBScript
please see

  http://www.apache-asp.org/faq.html#Can%20I%20script97de8006

> I have to run a local copy of an asp site, and I have installed
> Apache as the standard setup suggests you do. I have looked at the
> asp examples in the site/eg directory, and they appear to work, but
> the site I have to look at includes lines such as the following:
>
> <!--#include virtual="Include/_Common.asp" -->
>
> <!--#include virtual="content/blue_navbar.html"-->
>
> <!--#include virtual="content/jumpto.asp"-->
>
> <!--#include virtual="content/bottomnav.html"-->

If you can run perl scripted ASP, then you can enable
the include virtual SSI command with Apache::Filter
& Apache::SSI.  For an example of this, see:

  http://www.apache-asp.org/eg/ssi_filter.ssi

with the config driven by:

# .ssi for full ssi support, with Apache::Filter
<Files ~ (\.ssi)>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Apache::ASP Apache::SSI
        PerlSetVar Global .
        PerlSetVar Filter On
</Files>

-- Josh

Re: ASP / Filter / Includes query

Posted by distantcouk <da...@distant.co.uk>.
> The site can be seen as it should be at
>
> http://www.thepensionsiervice.gov.uk

Not a good start - the above should read:

http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk

Sorry

--
Dave