Posted to commits@pig.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/11/12 22:51:35 UTC

[Pig Wiki] Update of "PigUserCookbook" by OlgaN

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by OlgaN:
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigUserCookbook

  C = join small by t, large by x;
  }}}

+ In some of our tests we saw 10x performance improvement as the result of this optimization.
+
  '''Prefer DISTINCT over GROUP BY - GENERATE'''

  When it comes to extracting the unique values from a column in a relation, one of two approaches can be used: