Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kim Chew <kc...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 20:42:45 UTC

Maximum number of regions for a table?

I am wondering if there is a restrain on the number of regions that a table
could have. For example, if I have a table that grows very fast so the
region keeps splitting, is it possible that the table could have as many
regions as it could until all the resource run out?

Thanks.

Kim

Re: Maximum number of regions for a table?

Posted by Kevin O'dell <ke...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Kim,

  I would take a look at:

http://hadoop-hbase.blogspot.com/2013/01/hbase-region-server-memory-sizing.html