Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Marco Villalobos <mv...@kineteque.com> on 2021/08/20 12:14:39 UTC

aggregation, triggers, and no activity

I use event time,with Kafka as my source.
The system that I am developing requires data to be aggregated every 15
minutes, thus
I am using a Tumbling Event Time window. However, my system also is
required to take
action every 15 minutes even if there is activity.

I need the elements collected in the aggregation phase to emmit.

How can this be done with triggers?

I noticed the ProcessingTimeoutTrigger, but I am not sure how to use it.

Re: aggregation, triggers, and no activity

Posted by Caizhi Weng <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

If I'm not mistaken, you would like your window to be triggered every 15
minutes, or if there are no activity for 15 minutes?

This seems like an integration of tumbling window and session window. You
can refer to ProcessingTimeSessionWindows for the implementation of a
session window and modify it to write your own windowing logic.

Marco Villalobos <mv...@kineteque.com> 于2021年8月20日周五 下午8:14写道: