Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Eric MacAdie <er...@MacAdie.net> on 2010/01/04 05:01:36 UTC

Question about Spring

I just downloaded the Spring milestone to my desktop, and I got it to
run, even though I do not use this as a mail server.

I know at this point this is "use at your own risk", but: Could I just
upload this to a server and use my current config.xml and copy it to
james-server-spring-deployment-3.0-M1/conf/james-config.xml and have
everything work?

Eric MacAdie
Pronounced: muh-KAY-dee

Re: Question about Spring

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Exactly, the whole avalon/phoenix stuff is quite difficult for new
developers. With Spring and JSR250 we use a well known env which many
developers are quite familar with.

Bye,
Norman

Re: Question about Spring

Posted by Dhrubo <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Question about Spring

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Eric,

the development code is usual in trunk. Sandboxes are only used for
big refactoring / experiments, so you don't break to much ;)

Re: Question about Spring

Posted by Eric MacAdie <er...@MacAdie.net>.

Re: Question about Spring

Posted by Dhrubo <dh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Question about Spring

Posted by Eric MacAdie <er...@MacAdie.net>.
Thanks for the info.

Someone just posted that documentation is a problem. I think there needs
to be some documentation on the source code tree.

Re: Question about Spring

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Eric,

Re: Question about Spring