Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2008/11/26 22:23:55 UTC

Axis2 TLP vote

So far we have 6 +1s (5 binding) and 3 -1s (2 binding).

This is not a trivial issue, and I'm a bit surprised that more of the
PMC hasn't voted on this yet.

Please folks, take a minute to at least indicate your opinion on the
other thread.  Even a +/- 0 would let us know you're paying attention. :)

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: Axis2 TLP vote

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Eran:

Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> Actually there are 6 binding -1 votes (Me, Sanjiva, Dims, Asankha and
> Paul, Keith) and 3 binding +1 votes (Glen, Deepal and David).  Sorry if
> I'm missing something.

Paul and Keith had not yet voted when I sent the mail, so obviously
those didn't factor into my numbers.  I went back and doublechecked my
vote folder and I did miss both Asankha's mail and Dims' switch to -1!
You missed Jarek's binding +1.  So my #'s should have been 4 and 4, and
we're now 4 and 6.

--Glen

Re: Axis2 TLP vote

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Eran:

Re: Axis2 TLP vote

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

Re: Axis2 TLP vote

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
This vote is clearly all wrapped up, and I'm not disputing the outcome.

Just so everyone knows, votes are open for a minimum of 72 hours. They
can (and in my experience) often do last longer. It'd have been better
if Glen has specified the period for this vote, but given the size of
the proposal, it was pretty clear that it was a formal vote that would
last until the PMC could be seen to have taken part.

Apache Voting Process: http://apache.org/foundation/voting.html

David

Re: Axis2 TLP vote

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Glen Daniels wrote:
> So far we have 6 +1s (5 binding) and 3 -1s (2 binding).
>
> This is not a trivial issue, and I'm a bit surprised that more of the
> PMC hasn't voted on this yet.
>
> Please folks, take a minute to at least indicate your opinion on the
> other thread.
I am sorry I am -1 on asking now  , because in Apache as I know (please
correct me if I am wrong) there is something called 72 hours time
interval. If you want to vote you have to vote in that time frame. So
please do not count any votes after the 72 hours time interval (if my
believe is correct).

Thanks ,
Deepal
> Even a +/- 0 would let us know you're paying attention. :)
>
> Thanks,
> --Glen

Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org