Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ofero <of...@kallnet.fo> on 2005/03/21 08:57:04 UTC

Unable to load classes from commons-lang-2.0.jar

Hi,

I need to use classes from commons-lang-2.0.jar in Tomcat 5.0.29 on Red
Hat Linux (More specifically the class StringUtils).

The jar is included in the web app and put in the /common/endorsed but
still I am unable to load the classes. Does anyone help me solve the
problem ?

RE: Unable to load classes from commons-lang-2.0.jar

Posted by Mike Curwen <g_...@globallyboundless.com>.
I've never used common/endorsed. Have you tried common/lib?

Speculation:  common/endorsed, though listed on this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html
might only be used in cases where you are attempting to 'override'
JDK-supplied classes.  On the previous linked page, see the section "XML
Parsers and JDK1.4".

In short:  the TC classloaders might not look in common/endorsed unless you
are looking for a JDK class.

Mike Curwen