Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/08 17:50:42 UTC

Where to put color profiles...

Hi all,
  I have created an editor color profile that matches the Darcula palette
by porting the NB Darcula color profile.

I have called this new profile "FlatLafDark" and put it into
platform/o.n.swing.laf.flatlaf in my fork of Apache NetBeans source,
however I noticed that the standard color profiles (e.g. Norway Today, City
Lights, etc.) live in ide/defaults. It also seems a bit strange that they
are in different clusters.

Moreover I noticed that the recently ported dark LAFs (Dark Metal and Dark
Nimbus) are not tightly coupled with a color profile but suggest the use of
Norway Today as recommended profile (recent work by Laszlo Kishalmi in
commit
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/commit/f268b73e83b4d10e3c015a5fee2c7e8adc258237)
thus it could be better to choose a generic name for the color profile such
as "Darcula".

How should I call the new color profile and where should I place its files?

Regards,
Alex

Re: Where to put color profiles...

Posted by Alessandro <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Laszlo,
  that was quick!

Also had a glimpse to what Karl from FormDev is cooking up in his next PR
and I am impressed!

Greetings,
Alex

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.