Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by ma...@cnedi69.cnafmail.fr on 2001/05/22 09:18:29 UTC

problems with read files !!

Hello,
I create two equivalent files "file" and "file.txt" with the same content :
the string "nothing" ....
I create a little service and a client program (based on mimetest apache
sample) in order to invoke a service capable of reading a file passed in
parameter ...
It seems to work when I invoke the service on the file "file.txt" :

C:\foo\soap-2_1\samples\perso>java Lire_fichier
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter sendFile file.txt
Here is its content :
nothing

But it doesn't work anymore when I invoke the same service on the similar
file "file" :

C:\foo\soap-2_1\samples\perso>java Lire_fichier
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter sendFile file
Here is its content :
java.io.ByteArrayInputStream@5be3808d

It's strange, because the "parser" seems to recognize the file extension
(.txt, .xml, etc......) !!!
Does anybody knows about ???