Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark <se...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/03 17:11:24 UTC

using Thread object in Tomcat

Hi,

I'd like to check if it a good way to implement user's notifications
using Thread object?

What I would like to do is to have a singleton object (extends
Thread) that will "wake up" every minute and do something( let's say
go to data base, take to another 3rd-party system, etc) and once the
condition met will populate static  variable in another class which
will inform ( display in JSP) ALL users about THAT event ?

Thanks,
Mark.