Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by srikanth peddireddy <sr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2005/07/13 09:54:43 UTC

TCP sampler help ??

Hi All,

I have to test an application which communicates with the server over TCP sockets. I wanted to simulate number of TCP connections to the server and over each  connection my virtual users will be requesting some data by following an agreed upon API .
So I would like to know :
Will this kind of testing is possible using TCP sampler?
Is TCP sampler is completely implemented ?
If yes in which version and how to use it?

Any info or details about the resourses on this feature will be appreciated.
thank you

regards
Srikanth

Disclaimer
This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary
or legally privileged information. It should not be used by
anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you
have erroneously received this message, please delete it
immediately and notify the sender.

The views, opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed in this electronic mail are those of the
individual sender and not endorsed by SDG Software
Technologies Pvt. Ltd. unless otherwise indicated by an
authorised representative independent of this message.

Before opening any attachment please check them for viruses
and defects. SDG Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. shall not
accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachment(s).

---------------------------------
 Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE!
http://in.mail.yahoo.com

Re: TCP sampler help ??

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/07/05, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The TCP Sampler does work, but it is fairly simple.
>
> It only allows for one EOL character (defined as a property). See
> jmeter.properties for descriptions of other TCP properties.
>
> Each sampler creates a new connection, so if you have multiple
> samplers in a single thread, each one will get a different connection.
> [I'm hoping to fix that one day.]

It seems the TCP Sampler already re-uses connections within a thread.
Sorry for misleading everyone ...

Re: TCP sampler help ??

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
There's a lot of information in the JMeter User Manual and the FAQ.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#View_Results_Tree

This works with all samplers, not just HTTP.

S.

Re: TCP sampler help ??

Posted by srikanth peddireddy <sr...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,

sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary
> or legally privileged information. It should not be used by
> anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you
> have erroneously received this message, please delete it
> immediately and notify the sender.
>
> The views, opinions, conclusions and other information
> expressed in this electronic mail are those of the
> individual sender and not endorsed by SDG Software
> Technologies Pvt. Ltd. unless otherwise indicated by an
> authorised representative independent of this message.
>
> Before opening any attachment please check them for viruses
> and defects. SDG Software Technologies Pvt. Ltd. shall not
> accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
> the use of this email or attachment(s).
>
> ________________________________
> Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection

---------------------------------
 Free antispam, antivirus and 1GB to save all your messages
 Only in Yahoo! Mail: http://in.mail.yahoo.com

Re: TCP sampler help ??

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: TCP sampler help ??

Posted by srikanth peddireddy <sr...@yahoo.co.in>.
thanx seb,
can u direct me towards any resources which explain how to do this (ie creating your own version of the TCPClientImpl class,and defining the property tcp.handler.)

regards
Srikanth

Re: TCP sampler help ??

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.