Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by lee carroll <le...@googlemail.com> on 2011/10/27 18:29:51 UTC

Does mahout0.5 have a build dependancy on the build machine having access to the internet

Does mahout0.5 have a build dependancy on the build machine having
access to the internet?

5 tests failed during a build looking up resources for example

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.015
sec <<< FAILURE!
testRanges(org.apache.mahout.ga.watchmaker.cd.FileInfosDatasetTest)
Time elapsed: 0.015 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: resource wdbc not found.
	at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:115)
	at com.google.common.io.Resources.getResource(Resources.java:150)
	at org.apache.mahout.ga.watchmaker.cd.FileInfosDatasetTest.testRanges(FileInfosDatasetTest.java:36)
	at

cheers lee c

Re: Does mahout0.5 have a build dependancy on the build machine having access to the internet

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
It does in the sense that Maven will need to download a load of
dependencies to build. I don't think that's what is happening here.
I'm not sure what 'wdbc' is -- a resource that should be on the
classpath? Look at the code to see what it is (sorry I'm away from
access to code and didn't write this) but I don't think it's something
downloaded.