Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Edward Sargisson <es...@pobox.com> on 2013/07/02 20:17:35 UTC

Flume 1.4.0 Released

Hi all,
You may be interested to know that Flume 1.4.0 was released this morning.

This is relevant to Log4j2 to because the Log4j2 Embedded Flume Appender
relies on classes in Flume 1.3.1 for configuration that have changed in
Flume 1.4.0.

Cheers,
Edward

Re: Flume 1.4.0 Released

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Thanks.  I've known for months that the changes Flume was making for the embedded support are not backward compatible.  So when we upgrade, the embedded appender will require a minimum of Flume 1.4.  However, the avro and persistent variations should still work with 1.2, 1.3 and 1.3.1.

I don't know if this will make it into the next beta.  At the moment I am working on the nasty issue with Berkely DB that Edward reported.  Luckily, very few applications are likely to be affected by the problem.

Ralph

Re: Flume 1.4.0 Released

Posted by Edward Sargisson <es...@pobox.com>.
Hi Gary,