Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/05 01:25:03 UTC

[S2] How to override an interceptor in the default stack?

I would like to override/extend the existing "exception" interceptor in the
default stack to log a few more items when an exception occurs.  However,
all the solutions I have found require you to redfine the default stack.
 (See Final Thoughts on this page:
http://markjgreene.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/struts-2-exception-handling-w-hibernate/).
 Is there anyway to simply override an intercetor or is the described
solution the correct method?

Re: [S2] How to override an interceptor in the default stack?

Posted by Łukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2011/10/5 Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>:
> I would like to override/extend the existing "exception" interceptor in the
> default stack to log a few more items when an exception occurs.  However,
> all the solutions I have found require you to redfine the default stack.
>  (See Final Thoughts on this page:
> http://markjgreene.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/struts-2-exception-handling-w-hibernate/).
>  Is there anyway to simply override an intercetor or is the described
> solution the correct method?

You should always redefine the default stack for you application,
Struts the default stack is good for development and so, but it isn't
production ready as it can contain interceptors / results / etc not
used by your application.

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/performance-tuning.html

Regards
--