Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Patrick Davids <pa...@nubologic.com> on 2014/03/04 10:07:32 UTC

Handling with Feedback Messages / setMaxMessages(1)-Problem / best practise

Hi all,
I would like to have a FeedbackPanel always showing only one error message.

As seen in FeedbackPanel code setMaxMessages() does this.
But it seems it does not clear the rest of messages after doing its job.

When I have put 3 error messages on a page, only the first one is shown.
This is what I want, but reloading the page, all other messages are
shown in sequence as long as I reload the page and until all are processed.

Is setMaxMessage() not the recommended way for what I want to do?
How can I force a clear?

thanx in advance :-)
Patrick

Re: Handling with Feedback Messages / setMaxMessages(1)-Problem / best practise

Posted by Patrick Davids <pa...@nubologic.com>.
Hi Martin,
this works... thanx for your feedback.

kind regards
Patrick

Am 05.03.2014 10:22, schrieb Martin Grigorov:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know what is the idea behind #setMaxMessages(). I hoped someone
> else would explain ...
> To clear the messages you set to mark them as rendered:
>
> fc = new FeedbackCollector(page);
> fc.collect().foreach(fm -> fm.markRendered())  // Java 8 syntax
>
> You can put this code in some #onDetach() method.
>
> Martin Grigorov
> Wicket Training and Consulting
>

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Patrick Davids <
> patrick.davids@nubologic.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi François,
>> unfortunately this does not have any affect.
>>
>> Still have all messages in sequence on reloading.
>>
>> kind regards
>> Patrick
>>
>> Am 04.03.2014 17:03, schrieb francois meillet:
>>> Session.get().getFeedbackMessages().clear();
>>>
>>> François

>> message.

>> processed.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Patrick Davids

nuboLOGIC GmbH & Co. KG
Kieler Str. 103-107 • 25474 Bönningstedt

Tel.: +49 40 228539 732
Email: patrick.davids@nubologic.com

http://www.nubologic.com

Handelsregister: HRA6819 Pi  | Amtsgericht Pinneberg

Geschäftsführung der Verwaltungsgesellschaft
Daniel Fraga Zander

HRB10145Pi | Amtsgericht Pinneberg

Re: Handling with Feedback Messages / setMaxMessages(1)-Problem / best practise

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Patrick Davids <pa...@nubologic.com>.
Hi François,