Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/30 07:25:21 UTC

Deployment of portlets without droping in Jetspeed deploy directory

Hi,

I am using Eclipse (with wtp 1.0) to develop portal. I am using wtp build
process for building the portlets. I have also configured Eclipse to use
Jetspeed as SDK and I could build and run the portal within Eclipe WTP
environment.

My custom portlets are deployed by Eclipse deployer  at the same location
where Jetspeed deploys them after reading from deploy directory. This causes
conflicts and makes portlets unavailable for Portal application.

I believe that Jetspeed deployed modifies the portlet application and add
taglibs and also changes some other configuration files. Is it possible to
deploy the portlets without using Jetspeed deployer? I will be glad if
someone can point me to documenation or give some hints.

Thanks,

Raj

Re: Deployment of portlets without droping in Jetspeed deploy directory

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Joachim Müller wrote:
>>I believe that Jetspeed deployed modifies the portlet application and add
>>taglibs and also changes some other configuration files. Is it possible to
>>deploy the portlets without using Jetspeed deployer? I will be glad if
>>someone can point me to documenation or give some hints.
>

> You are right. As far as I know there are two modifications made:
>
> 1.) the portlet.tld is added under WEB-INF/tld
>
> 2.) the web.xml is extended with jetspeed specifics. (compare your
> web.xml before and after deploy.)
>

> If you make the extensions by hand, you can drop your application into
> the webapp dir and access it from jetspeed.

There is a deployment tool capable of doing that for you:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-deploy-tools/deploy-tools.html

Re: Deployment of portlets without droping in Jetspeed deploy directory

Posted by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com>.
> I believe that Jetspeed deployed modifies the portlet application and add
> taglibs and also changes some other configuration files. Is it possible to
> deploy the portlets without using Jetspeed deployer? I will be glad if
> someone can point me to documenation or give some hints.

You are right. As far as I know there are two modifications made:

1.) the portlet.tld is added under WEB-INF/tld

2.) the web.xml is extended with jetspeed specifics. (compare your
web.xml before and after deploy.)

If you make the extensions by hand, you can drop your application into
the webapp dir and access it from jetspeed.

hth.
joachim