Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gagandeep Singh <co...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/06 12:22:39 UTC

Fwd: Bug 56684 - java7: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out

Hi All,

This is regarding the tomcat bug mentioned in subject. I have few questions
as below regarding the same. Could anyone please help me understand.

- Would this issue only occur when the server has not been accessed for 50
days, as I think it should reset the accept timer once it gets any request
because a new accept() would be called then.

- Is there a way this issue can be reproduced quickly so that we don't have
to wait for 50 days to see the issue ?

- And would there be a way to check if the issue has been fixed after
tomcat upgrade, other than waiting again for 50 days ?

Kind Regards,
Gagandeep Singh

Re: Fwd: Bug 56684 - java7: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/07/17 13:22, Gagandeep Singh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is regarding the tomcat bug mentioned in subject. I have few questions
> as below regarding the same. Could anyone please help me understand.
>
> - Would this issue only occur when the server has not been accessed for 50
> days, as I think it should reset the accept timer once it gets any request
> because a new accept() would be called then.

Yes.

> - Is there a way this issue can be reproduced quickly so that we don't have
> to wait for 50 days to see the issue ?

None I am aware of.

> - And would there be a way to check if the issue has been fixed after
> tomcat upgrade, other than waiting again for 50 days ?

None I am aware of.

Mark