Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by simer anand <si...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/17 10:40:47 UTC

bug related to jackrabbit repository

Hello Users,

                     I' m using the jackrabbit1.5.6 and tomcat6.0 and then
authenticating it using JAAS authentication and everything is fine but when
i start CATALINA/Tomcat then log to web page
//localhost:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-1.5.6/repository/default/ then it ask
username and password till this works fine and when i shutdown and restart
the Tomcat and then log on to local................../default/ then it don't
ask for username and password and simply give access to repository.
Now is it a behaviour of tomcat or there is some way to correct it.

Thanks
simer

Re: bug related to jackrabbit repository

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:54 AM, simer anand <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Users,
>

>                           Yeah i started the browser again and still there
> exit exits the same problem no gui nothing simply giving access to the
> repository.

Try a DIFFERENT browser which you didn't access the deployment before,
or from a different machine. If it ask for login, then there are
something wrong with your browser.

To be honest, I didn't try the webapp but it's rare chance there is a bug.

-Guo

Re: bug related to jackrabbit repository

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 11:24, simer anand <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah i tried  switching to new tab, even closing and opening new window of
> browser(Monzilla) and even restarted the Catalina before switching tab and
> closing and opening the tab but still it simpy opens the web page showing
> repository.

To clear any session cookies or cached http basic auth credentials,
you always have to close the full browser, not only windows or tabs.
So that the process ends and is restarted.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: bug related to jackrabbit repository

Posted by simer anand <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.