Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by bquenin <bq...@axway.com> on 2008/11/20 23:51:00 UTC

Global architecture picture of smx4

Hi again,

  First, maybe I'm not posting to the adequate forum, but the FUSE forum
registration is down, so I give it a try here =)

  I just had a look at the FUSE ESB 4 documentation and it's really
interresting. I read these 2 documents about EIP, one is OSGi container
oriented and the other one is JBI container oriented.
  What really interrested me in these 2 documents in not really the EIP
stuff but more the architecture pictures inside and the associated comments.
So we have 2 separate pictures, one is about an OSGI container, and, in the
other document, another one about JBI container. The OSGI document
stipulates the following:

"Unlike the standard NMR, however, the FUSE ESB NMR is not restricted to the
JBI container. You can use the NMR to transmit messages inside the OSGi
container or, if the JBI container is also deployed, to transmit messages
between the two containers."

This is really interresting. The way I understand this is that you have at
least 2 types of containers one for bare OSGi applications and another for
JBI components. I'm really interrested in a global architecture picture to
see how these 2 types of containers are related.
To me, it means that you can for instance develop "regular" OSGi based
application with no JBI concepts at all and be able to "wire" your bundles
through this NMR which is (at least for me) really interresting. (maybe it's
not what you want to emphasis as SMX rimes with JBI but it's an interresting
fact).

So, did I understand right ? Is there any global architecture picture
available somewhere showing the relations betweens these containers and the
NMR ? If it exists I didn't find it ...

Thanks,
BQ.