Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Sanjay Rao <ge...@live.com> on 2016/08/08 06:13:01 UTC

Arrow client C++ Samples with Arrow APIs for Research work

Hi,
I am looking for some C++ Samples which I can get started with, with Arrow APIs.
Any samples like
Top N AlgorithmComplex Key-Value Pair search.
Thanks,Sanjay

Re: Arrow client C++ Samples with Arrow APIs for Research work

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
Critically, the data structures offer APIs to access to the internal
contiguous memory buffers in each array:

e.g.
https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/cpp/src/arrow/types/primitive.h#L89

That the library operates with contiguous arrays as primitive unit of data
is what makes the access paths "vectorized" / "array-oriented" versus
"scalar" (one value at a time).

- Wes

Posted by Philip <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjay,